In Gauteng is daar relatief meer bewustheid onder "ryk" wittes maar hier in die Kaap word wittes eenvoudig weggewys of selfs nog uitgebuit ook. Ons gesin het nou 36 "trekke" in 12 jaar gehad en kan 'n boek skryf daaroor. Die kerk se reaksie op die boek sal uitstekende reklame wees........
Charity begins at Home! Dis 'n BYBELSE BEGINSEL om eerste jou eie te help.
Ons leef so en in gedurige gevaar van uitsetting: onwettig al dan nie, het SAPS ons nie beskerm nie selfs toe ons 'n hofbevel gehad het! Laat weet of enigiemand plekke wil ruil...............
Wendy? Garage? Caravan?
Our living conditions are not ideal and we also have to vacate soon as the house was sold and will be demolished so that a new apartment block can be erected. This is quite urgent and we do need a practical solution for this. Hennie’s main income is generated within a radius of the old imperial mile and we have to find a solution to that. The alternative would be to have a car and a caravan so that we can go back camping again.
1. We work hard - 7 days a week, 18+ hours a day
2. We cannot afford a rent deposit, neither can we pay a month’s rent in advance.
3. We have no other option than to live in a 7-roomed house converted to studio’s.
4. All three of us live in the same room, of course.
5. Wife and son both now have serious medical problems due to their suffering.
6. Family, friends, churches simply don’t help and we have even been exploited instead.
7. The other rooms are being let to guests who come and go, but sometime on an hourly basis for the purpose of prostitution.
8. We are the only whites in the house and have to share our rented roof with at least twelve foreign black people, but sometimes more than twenty.
9. They do drugs, smoke a lot and we suffer as a result. The marijuana stinks and it affects our sinuses, all three of us suffer from asthma and our noses always are bleeding.
10. Permanent disabled father.
11. Because we only earn per day – and no fixed salary at that, but profit from selling hand-made articles that get manufactured by hand overnight and hawked on foot by day.
12. Two days ago: Karen just let me know that, at 5pm, she only has R90 and we need another R110 for rent! She has walked in to the city this morning, which is about 6km to her suppliers and some regular customers. From there, she went to Claremont in the Southern Suburbs by minibus taxi and ended up returning to the Clifton side of Sea Point. From there, she is walking a further 3 – 4 km on her way home.
13. On April 21, it will be a full two years that we had been living here. We have paid the Jewish landlord roughly R146,000 in rent so far.
14. In Muizenberg, we can get a small but new house or flat at R3,500 – R4,500 monthly; then we have our own home.
15. It is the need for a deposit and advance rent that holds us back.
16. If someone would have helped us long ago, we would have saved at the very least R36,000 but more likely it would have been R50,000! We are desperately poor, I am permanently disabled and can prove it with official documents.